Be Stylish, Sophisticated and Fun and Get Paid for it!
Choral Club of San Diego (“CCSD”) is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Music Director to provide musical direction to our two vocal ensembles. The Music Director’s responsibilities include working with the Artistic Director on music teach tracks, changes, arrangements, and particulars for each performance season; teaching vocal performance skills to choir members, working with the Music Committee on music and solo selection, and presenting CCSD performances in a style and manner consistent with the organization’s brand. You should also be able to provide piano accompaniment during weekly rehearsals and for performances. Start date is between June 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020.
Music Director Responsibilities:
- Conferencing/communicating with Artistic Director on music teach tracks, changes, arrangements, and particulars for each performance season.
- Participating with Music Committee on Music repertoire selection.
- Directing weekly rehearsals (Mink Pack and Club Singers).
- Teaching voice parts to singers.
- Coaching singers on vocal performance skills.
- Running choral auditions and solo auditions.
- Selecting (with Music Committee) solos for inclusion in program.
- Show-running performances / making show-specific decisions on-site.
- Provide piano accompaniment during weekly rehearsals and for performances.
- Coordinating with Executive Director on show bookings and scheduling to minimize performance conflicts.
- Presenting CCSD performances in a style and manner consistent with the organization’s brand.
Music Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Music Education, or related field (Master’s or candidate for Master’s a plus).
- Experience working as a Music Director.
- Sound musical knowledge.
- Strong preference for emphasis on contemporary pop, musical theater, and/or a cappella music.
- Strong leadership, communication and listening skills.
- A passion for music.
- Patient, creative, and assertive.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
(no phone calls, please.)
Choral Club of San Diego is an IRC 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, I.D. 46-0533969