OPEN CALL FOR SINGERS FOR THE 2019-20 Mink Pack ensemble.
The Mink Pack is Choral Club’s year-round small ensemble. Mink Pack music is entirely secular focusing on Mid-Century popular songs with an upbeat, hip vibe in 3- 4- and 5 part arrangements. The ensemble rehearses weekly for 10 weeks in the summer (June-early August), with monthly refresher rehearsals October-April. The group performs up to 18 concerts intermittently August – October and January – April.
THE FIRST ROUND OF AUDITION IS VIA EMAIL. PLEASE APPLY NOW through MAY 18, 2019
– Ability to read sheet music with an understanding of dynamics, rhythms, tempos and other musical elements indicated in the score
– Ability to learn music quickly from scores and tracks, and to come to rehearsal ready to put it all together and polish
– Comfortable with performance, with professional demeanor
– Ability to self-start and work independently
– Ability to present at least two solo/small group numbers to add to the repertoire appropriate in style and content to the MP brand
– A reliable, responsible team player
Auditions will be held in two rounds. Interested singers should send in a letter of interest and short vocal history along with a recording (or link to recording) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Finalists will be invited to a second live audition on May 20 during our normal Monday evening rehearsal time (7-8:45pm).
Full Rehearsals begin in June, 2019.