Each year, Choral Club of San Diego awards scholarship money to deserving vocal students.
Choral Club of San Diego (“CCSD) is pleased to announce that auditions for 2016 voice student scholarships will be held on Sunday, April 10, 2016, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Wesley Palms, 2404 Loring St., San Diego, California 92109. If you wish to audition for a scholarship, an application must be post-marked by April 1, 2016, or received via email by or on April 5, 2016. The total amount to be awarded for 2016 is approximately $700 ($500 for first and $200 for second). For more information, or to obtain an application, please contact email@example.com.
The following is a summary of the CCSD scholarship rules:
1. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
(a) Applicants must be students of vocal music at a college or university, or must be studying regularly with a private teacher.
(b) Applicants must be between 17 and 35 years of age as of June 1 of the application year.
(c) Applicants must present two audition pieces, one in English and one in a foreign language.
(d) Applicants must provide their own accompanist for the audition at their own cost.
(e) Any individual who has previously been awarded a first place scholarship from CCSD is not eligible.
2. NOTE: Audition times are filled in order as applications are received. If you need to be grouped with other applicants who share an accompanist, or if you have specific scheduling requirements, please indicate that and we will try to accommodate you as possible.
3. Judges may not have a family or personal relationship with an applicant for a scholarship.
4. Generally, the judges will select the winner(s) of the scholarship(s) on the day of the auditions.
5. The judges may divide a scholarship award among one or more winners, in any combination.
6. Winner(s) will be notified as soon as practical once the judging is completed.
7. It is the strong preference of CCSD that scholarship winners perform one song at the CCSD Spring Reception and Concert, which will be held tentatively on May 26, 2016, at 6:45 p.m. Accordingly, an applicant should indicate on his/her application if she can’t perform on this date. CCSD will reimburse each winner up to $50 for the cost of the accompanist at the Reception performance.
CCSD reserves the right to modify these rules at any time.
Choral Club of San Diego (“CCSD”) is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and has been determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be an IRC 501(c)(3) organization. CCSD carries out its mission by sponsoring a women’s choral ensemble, and in carrying out its mission, does ot advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on race, sex, age, physical ability, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital or family status, national or ethnic origin.