Mink Pack Associate Music Director /Accompanist (AMD/A)
Choral Club of San Diego is looking for a part-time Associate Music Director/Accompanist for its Mink Pack ensemble. The Mink Pack (MP) is Choral Club’s year-round small ensemble made up of auditioned singers. MP music is entirely secular focusing on Mid-Century popular songs with an upbeat, hip vibe in 3- 4- and 5 part arrangements. The ensemble rehearses weekly for 10 weeks in the summer (June-early August), with monthly refresher rehearsals October-April. The group performs up to 18 concerts intermittently August – October and January – April.
The Artistic Director for Mink Pack is located in the UK and is responsible for the overall artistic direction of Mink Pack. The AMD/A will work closely with the Artistic Director on Mink Pack programming. The Artistic Director will design the program and produce teaching tracks, while the AMD/A will manage on-site activities: communicating the performance vision, directing and providing vocal coaching for the singers, and accompanying and directing rehearsals and live performances. This position will report to the Artistic Director and the Music Chair.
Time/Workload: 4-5 hours per week during summer rehearsal period. Between 4 and 10 hours per month August – October and January – April.
Required Skills : The candidate must have experience as a pianist and as a vocal coach for both accompanied and a cappella arrangements:
- Direct/coach advanced singers, polish Mink Pack performances, insure performance readiness, consistent with the programming established by the Artistic Director.
- Provide local leadership and direction for Mink Pack.
- Accompany the Mink Pack choral ensemble in rehearsals and at all scheduled performances.
- Be familiar with the main Choral Club of San Diego season repertoire and, if necessary, act as fill-in accompanist for that ensemble.
Compensation: $1000 for rehearsals (Summer and monthly) and up to six (6) performances. Additional performances paid at $50 per. $75 learning stipend each season to cover CCSD chorus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Music Education, or a related discipline.
- Experience with ensemble direction, and classroom teaching experience (preferred).
Please send letter of interest, resume and list of references to music [at] choralclubofsd [dot] org.